A Travellers case

As the name suggests this case is for a fountain pen and a Visconti traveling inkwell.

20170205_181145[1]

The starting point is a pair of Kydex tubes which I formed from a flat sheet. (yes I know there are three in this picture)

The next step is to wrap them in suede orange for these tubes.

20170205_191612[1]

Preparing to join the two tubes together.

20170207_114540[1]

20170207_115236[1]

20170207_124910[1]

After dying the leather I marked out the stitching holes ready for err stitching.

20170207_162717[1]

20170207_213754[1]

At this point I wrapped the pen tubes in black film before enclosing the pen tubes in the outer leather cover and applying the clamps.

20170209_103612[1]

After 24 hours in clamps I drilled a series of holes around the edges of the leather a help aligning when gluing. I then removed the case from the clamps and marked the centre line I used tape on the inside as a cutting guide and cut the pieces in half. then glued the halves together.

20170210_103922[1]

After marking the stitching holes I stitched the pieces together and trimmed off the excess leather

20170210_143420[1]

I then made a centre band marking out stitching holes on the band and the centre of the case.

20170210_211619[1]

It is a little difficult to see the case clearly I will post a better picture tomorrow

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s